It’s that time of year when many boats are coming out of the water for winter storage and often the first-time many owners will have seen their propellers all season. It’s a great opportunity to make sure all is well.
Here are our winter tips to check your stern gear:
- Visually check the propellers for dents, corrosion and damage.
- Propellers should be in good condition to give you maximum output for your engine and even minor damage can easily lead to cavitation.
- It is advisable to give the visible parts of the stern gear and propellers a wash off in clean fresh water to ensure they are clean and free from weed and barnacles.
- All seals should be checked for signs of wear and replaced if necessary.
- It is also advisable to check the anodes whilst the boat is out of the water and replace if necessary.
Here at Clements Engineering we have extensive experience in propellers and stern gear fitted to a wide range of boats and will be able to advise you on the best course of action should you have any issues and we also provide extensive repair and re-pitch services. If you need any further details, the team at Clements can contacted at 01234 378814 or firstname.lastname@example.org